Between the start of the University of Arizona’s Fall 2023 semester and the installation period for the Center for Creative Photography’s mid-November exhibition (stay tuned for the official announcement!), Studio CCP is a place where the campus community can come together for a broad and eclectic range of programming–classes, workshops, talks, crits, screenings, and happenings.
Invited to submit proposals for the creative use of one to two rooms of CCP’s Center Galleries, students, faculty, and staff will engage with the space between one hour and one month, therefore gallery hours will vary in relation to each project (see schedule below). The submission process was developed with a vision to connect campus projects with CCP’s mission and vision, emphasizing the cross-disciplinary, cross-medium relevancy of photography.
- Sept. 01, 4:00-5:30pm: "Activism in Motion (AIM)" workshop with Christine Arbor from Consent Creatives of Arizona, hosted by Matt Denney, M.S. Ed, Recruitment Coordinator, UA Student Recruitment Office.
- Sept. 12-20: "Dona Santa, my grandmother, was a healer," exhibition by artist, Karina Buzzi, Masters in Fine Arts student in the School of Art, Photography, Video, and Imaging program. Reception: Wed. Sept. 20, 3:00-5:00pm.
- Sept. 15, 4:00-5:30pm: "Activism in Motion (AIM)" workshop with the Houseless Crisis Task Force from the Eviction Defense Coalition , hosted by Matt Denney, M.S. Ed, Recruitment Coordinator, UA Student Recruitment Office.
- Sept. 22-30: "Pages and Projections: Student-Curated Portals into the West," exhibition presented by Jennie McStotts, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, and Claire McLane, Assistant Professors of Practice, W.A. Franke Honors College.
- Oct. 07: "A Glimpse of Transness: A Theatrical and Photographic Exhibition," presented by Tioni Collins, Specialist, Student Diversity Program, Arizona Arts.
- Oct. 09, 12:00-1:30pm: "Activism in Motion (AIM)", Theater as Protest workshop, hosted by Matt Denney, M.S. Ed, Recruitment Coordinator, UA Student Recruitment Office.
- Oct. 12, 12:00-1:30pm: "Art + Neuroscience: Dancing Through the Senses," workshop hosted by Elizabeth George, Associate Professor, School of Dance, and Teodora Stoica, Postdoctoral Fellow of Neuroscience of Emotion and Thought & Human Memory Labs.
- Oct. 13, 11:00am-1:00pm & 2:00-4:00pm: "Improvisation Jam for an Engaged Community," two workshops hosted by Duane Cyrus, Director, School of Dance.
- Oct. 14, 12:00-1:30pm: "Activism in Motion (AIM)" workshop with Feng-Feng Yeh from Chinese Chorizo Project, hosted by Matt Denney, M.S. Ed, Recruitment Coordinator, UA Student Recruitment Office.
- Oct. 16-Oct. 26: "Ways of Knowing, Ways of Being: Arts Research and Integration," exhibition with reception and three workshops hosted by Ellen McMahon, Associate Dean for Research, College of Fine Arts, Professor, School of Art, and Jennifer Fields, Director of Societal Impact at the Office for Research, Innovation & Impact (RII).
- Symposium- Tues. Oct. 24, 2:00-5:00pm
- Reception- Tues. Oct. 24, 5:00-7:00pm
- Mon. Oct. 16, 2:00-4:00pm
- Tues. Oct. 17, 2:00-4:00pm
- Wed. Oct. 18, 2:00-4:30pm
- Oct. 28-31: "Rays of Resilience: A Vision of the Future," hosted by Chris Zatarain, MA student, Applied Intercultural Arts Research.